IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR INTERMEDIATE / SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER.
Kreel Creative is a boutique Interior Design firm located in Vancouver’s design and lifestyle-focused Armoury District. We specialize in high-end residential and hospitality interior design projects.
We work on medium to large-scale projects involving new builds, or complete renovations (kreelcreative.com/experience). Our work environment is relaxed and supportive of designers who appreciate a flexible schedule, and who like to split their time between a home office and our light-filled studio, (most of our staff work remotely for much of their time).
The firm is committed to quality over quantity when pursuing new projects – we promise exceptional attention to detail and outcomes to our clients and ensure that we are staffed to live up to this promise.
We have an immediate opening for an intermediate to senior-level Interior Designer.
What the role involves:
• Approach your design work with initiative, creativity and confident problem-solving and decision-making
• Managing all aspects of assigned projects from start to finish, from conceptual designs and concepts through project construction, (with guidance and direction from the firm’s Principal as needed)
• Developing plans (floor, furniture, lighting, reflected ceiling and electrical plans); millwork drawings; elevations (including bathroom tile elevations); sketches and sourcing resource materials/images to develop presentations that communicate design intent for clients, (rendering skills would be a plus)
• Design, document and prepare for tender, unit and common area colour schemes for development projects
• Producing complete interior construction and specifications drawings suitable for permit,
tendering and construction purposes
• Coordinating external vendors and consultants associated with your projects, (electrical, mechanical, etc.)
• Supporting with client presentations and meetings (some you’ll lead, some you’ll support the firm’s Principal)
• Cultivating positive, collaborative relationships with all client contacts
Qualifications we’re looking for:
• Min. 8 years’ experience with residential and/or hospitality interior design projects
• Experience running own projects, with direction and guidance where needed
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, and manage all priorities and deadlines
• Proficiency in AutoCAD 2016 to current Building Code standards / requirements, MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint), and InDesign software
• 3D rendering software proficiency would be an asset
Our ideal candidate:
• Degree / diploma from an accredited design institution
• Strong presentation skills, including materials and methods, and an artistic eye for details
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
• Takes initiative, is a self-starter, and is a confident decision maker
• Energetic and passionate about design
• Open to travel out of town to project sites, as required, (e.g. we’re currently working on projects in Chicago, LA, San Diego and Whistler, as well as multiple projects in Vancouver)
How to apply:
• Please send a cover letter, resume/CV and your portfolio via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Salary commensurate with experience
• We thank everyone who applies, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted